Department of Counseling
Commitment to Diversity
Our Program Goals:
The faculty has established the following goals in support of our mission and vision:
- To develop and maintain a curriculum based on current knowledge concerning the counseling and human development needs of a global community,
- To challenge and support student and faculty growth in human understanding, dignity, and positive interactions on all levels,
- To promote social justice, especially for groups that have been historically disenfranchised ,
- To develop collaborative partnerships that foster our mission,
- To provide excellent instruction, research, and community service, and
- To achieve excellence by maintaining CACREP accreditation at both the Master’s and Doctoral levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The faculty is committed to integrating teaching, scholarship, research, clinical practice, and service, while promoting a climate of social justice, systemic change and advocacy. This commitment extends to training students to be multiculturally-conscious practitioners and educators who actively engage in critical self-reflection, scholarship, and practice in an effort to effectively transform communities, institutions, and systems.